Thursday, December 20, 2007

I think the Times

just tries to be as fiendish as possible. They have a load of Christmassy quizes around the site at teh moment (i'm on a serious Christmas buzz). Anyway like that quiz in the Ticket...ggrrr, these are a bit hard..

but not too much...
Anyway:
1 Each letter A, D, I, M, N, O stands for a different digit. What is the value of each to make all of the following equations true? MOM x D = DAD; DAD x A = MIND; D + A + D = 10; M + I + N + D = 15; M + O + M = 5.

2 Fill in the blanks surrounding the letters ICED according to the clues: _ _ I_CED clearly indicated; I_CE_D_ _ _ _ Fiery; _ _ _ICED Joined two tapes; _ _ _ _I_CED Made a believer of; _I_CED Finely Chopped; _ _IC_E_ _ D Ratcheted up; _ _I_C_ED Exchanged.

3 Name these Christmas carols, following the pattern for the first two. The clues are the first letters of the words in the titles of the songs.

1. SCICTT Santa Claus Is Coming To Town. 2. ISMKSC I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. 3. JB. 4. IDOAWC. 5. RTRNR. 6. CROAOF. 7. DYHWIH?

8. AIAM. 9. FTS. 10. OCAYF. 11. ICUAMC. 12. OLTOB. 13. JTTW. 14. SN. 15. LIS. 16. WCIT? 17. TTDOC. 18. GRYMG. 19. HTHAS. 20. WWYAMC.

4 These lines are from which Christmas movies or shows? 1. "Bumbles Bounce?" 2. "When a bell rings an angel gets its wings." 3. "You'll shoot your eye out, kid." 4. "I forged these chains during my life." 5. "They're not twinkling, Clark."

5 Anagrams: Unscramble these Christmas carols 1. Lets thin gin. 2. Jill lens beg. 3. Again wean army. 4. Flee this torn. 5. Oilcloth jolly sands. 6. Fatter hymns swoon.

6 What do these four words have in common? Worth; Fast; Zest; Mouth.


More here.

No comments: