Monday, September 10, 2007

Relative Values

As i've said before i love the sunday times. Nothing better than chilling out with teh papers on a sunday. Anywho seeing as today is Monday i must have read the yesterday because Sebastian Horsley is in my head.

Wiki says
In August 2000 he travelled to the Philippines to experience a crucifixion, in order to prepare for a series of paintings on the topic. Refusing pain killers, he was nailed to a cross and passed out. The foot rest broke and he almost fell off. A film and photos of the event, as well as his subsequent paintings of crosses, were exhibited in London in 2002


I read a review if this guys book a few weeks ago, and he is bats. I mean completely mental type of bats-ness.

Relative values shows that his mam is about just as eccentric.

Sebastian:
When Mother found out she was pregnant with me, she took an overdose. It didn't work. Neither did nine months of heavy drinking. Had she known I was going to turn out the way I did, I'm sure she'd have gone the whole hog and found the cyanide. Of course, I didn't find that out until much later. We were led to believe it was my sister she'd tried to terminate. She thought I was too touchy to hear such truths. And she's right. I'm a tad sensitive — I feel overlooked if an epidemic misses me out.


Valerie:
Sebastian was mischievous. Once, he set fire to his sister's doll's pram. Then wheeled it next to our oil tank. His sister came screaming in to tell me. I rushed down to find him standing there waiting to see the action unfold. Another time, fire engines came roaring through our village to put out a haystack ablaze in a field. The whole place could've gone up. Only later did I find out Sebastian had started it.


From the lovely folks at the times.
It all smacks of i'm a crazy artist-ness, still interesting enough

No comments: