Wednesday, August 29, 2007

This takes me back

For some bizarre reason, Glenroe has popped into my head today. I think it may have stemmed somewhere from the memory of Dinny Byrne, and then there's Teasy, and Miley and all! Great programme in it's day, it takes my right back to sunday evenings, bath then Where In the World with Teresa Lowe (which my uncle was once in) and then Glenroe, and then bedtime, 'cos you know Monday is a school day.



Ah glenroe, have had the theme song in my head for the day, that's a very weird youtube i found on my travels.

Then i got thinking of childhood songs and programmes and stuff and Holy moly but i found Bosco,


My favourite urban myth was that Marian was a junkie after she appeared on it, although maybe she was who knows?

I discovered that there are a bizarre number of Bosco related youtubes on, eh youtube.

and finally on today's very unstructured post (i know this is gonna irritate me later)

I also found some hilarious Batman quotes (from the original Adam West of course) which made me laugh my ass off:

Batman: "That's one trouble with dual identities, Robin. Dual responsibilities."

Robin: "Where'd you get a live fish, Batman?"
Batman: "The true crimefighter always carries everything he needs in his utility belt, Robin."

Bruce: "Don't dip your oar in this sordid sea, Dick. You might be besmirched."

Batman (after cracking a safe): "It's not difficult, if you have steady nerves and a good ear. Quality is destroyed by the tenor of criminal life."

Robin: "You can't get away from Batman that easy!"
Batman: "Easily."
Robin: "Easily."
Batman: "Good grammar is essential, Robin."
Robin: "Thank you."
Batman: "You're welcome."


Anyway childhood movies and stuff for the win.

It's amazing how some of these things just took me right back, and it's amazing what you share with someone when you start talking about this sort of thing.

I also loved Thundercats.

No comments: