RTE are reporting on espresso overdose
Teenager overdoses on espressos
Monday, 13 August 2007 12:45
A teenager in Britain had to be rushed to hospital after overdosing on espresso coffee.
The 17-year-old downed seven double espresso coffees while working in the family's sandwich shop.
Student Jasmine Willis, who thought the coffees were single measures, said the effects of the espresso were so severe her actions left customers bewildered.
She apparently started laughing and crying for no reason while serving.
She said: 'My nerves were all over the place. I was crying in front of the customers and had tears streaming down my face.'
After being sent home by her father medical symptoms started. She developed a fever and was unable to breathe properly.
Her cousin called an ambulance and Jasmine was taken to a local hospital in Durham where doctors confirmed she had overdosed on caffeine.
Despite suffering side effects in the following days, she made a full recovery and said the wanted to warn others about the dangers of excessive coffee drinking.
Her father, Gary Willis, said she did not realise she was drinking double measures.
He added: 'I have always stressed to my children the importance of moderation but Jasmine got caught out on this occasion.'
It also shows the stories making the front page in RTE. hhmmmm
Also this is one of the coolest sites ever, its all graphicy and shiny